After receiving plenty of leaks about the upcoming Nokia 7.1, we leaked specs, images etc. It’s time to watch the official event. The stream begins at 4 PM UTC in London.
Hardware & Storage:
Nokia 7.1 has a 5.84-inch LCD screen with full HD+ resolution (1080 x 2280 pixels). The phone is powered by Qualcomm’s mid-range Snapdragon 636 with two variants; 3/32 GB or 4/64 GB with an option to increase your memory with microSD available on board. The dual camera setup of 12 MP + 5 MP combo gives you a good picture quality under Zeiss logo.
Here we’d like to add is another smartphone from HMD, Nokia 7.1 Plus. The phone is expected to have Snapdragon 710 processor and a notch-less display. By, “Plus” it supports more RAM and a 12 MP + 13 MP main camera setup. These specs come from TENAA. This means that the device is close to the unveiling.
Software and Protection:
The phone runs Android 8.1 Oreo and also a part of the Android One program. This program gives you the advantage to get the latest software updates from Google. The phone is expected to get Android 9.0 Pie in November with a promise to get 2 years of major updates and 3 years of security patches.
The entire phone is packaged in a laminated glass body and a diamond-cut anodized aluminum frame. Glass accounts for 85% of the total area. Available colors are bright midnight blue and shiny steel.
Let’s discuss Nokia 7.1. The phone is protected by Gorilla Glass 3 and boasts HDR10 support which is a rare feature in this segment.
On the front, you have an 8MP f/2.0 selfie shooter supporting AI-enhanced face unlocking feature which is expected to the trend these days. Nokia 7.1 also has a software name “bothie” mode which lets you take pictures or videos using the back and front cameras at the same time.
Battery, Price, & Availability:
The phone is powered by a 3,060 mAh battery which also supports fast charging via the USB-C connector thanks to Snapdragon 636. Nokia says it will take you 30 minutes to charge it up to 50%.The battery is comparatively lower than the other midrange devices these days.
You’ll get your hands on the new Nokia 7.1 on pre-order starting on October 5 with shipments on October 28. The base model of 3GB/32GB configuration will cost $349 in the US and in EU for €319. The upgraded 4GB/64GB variant is €349.
Nokia 7.1 Full Specs:
- Display Type: 5.84-inch IPS LCD – Notch Screen – 79.9% screen to body ratio
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 71.2 x 8mm
- Weight: 160 g
- SIM: Single SIM – Hybrid Dual SIM
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 (432 pixels per inch) 19:9 ratio
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (Planned to upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- Clock Speed: Octa-Core 1.8 GHz Kyro 260
- GPU: Adreno 509
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32/64 GB
- Card Slot: microSD Slot Up to 400 GB – Uses SIM 2 Slot
- Camera: Dual Cameras, 12 Mega-Pixels, f/1.8 – 5 Mega-Pixel, f/2.4, LED Flash, PDAF, 2160p at 30 frames per second and 1080p at 30 frames per second
- Front Camera: 8 Mega-Pixels, f/2.0
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Version 5.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear) accelerometer, gyro, compass, proximity, GPS
- USB: USB 2.0 TYPE-C
- Battery: Li-Ion non-removable 3,060 mAh battery
- Colors: Gloss Steel, Gloss Midnight Blue
Can Nokia 7.1 beat other mid-range performers?