India is known as one of the biggest markets for smartphones. Many smartphone manufacturers are operating in this region. Many of them are dominating, whereas others are trying their best.
Nokia (owned by HMD Global) is trying its best to capture the mid-range segment. They recently launched Nokia 6.1 Plus in Pakistan and India which has the price tag of around INR 15,999. Nokia 6.1 was aimed to give a tough time to Redmi Note 5 Pro by Xiaomi and ZenFone Max Pro M1.
Continuing the same strategy but in the lower segment, the company launched the Nokia 5.1 Plus. The phone’s design is almost the same as Nokia 6.1 but with a few downgrades. In China, the phone is known as X5. The price of this device is around INR 10,999 (US$ 150).
Nokia 6.1 Plus was the first device to offer a notch. Nokia 5.1 Plus is following the same material design.
Nokia 5.1 Screen:
The screen is 5.86 inch HD with 1520×720 resolution IPS display. The phone has a notch on top with 2.5D glass covering the front and back of the phone. The phone has a metal finish that gives it a very premium look and feel. The screen has a 19:9 ratio.
Nokia 5.1 Plus Internal Specs:
Under the hood, the phone has MediaTek Helio P60 with 3GB of RAM. The processor is clocked at 2.0GHz Cortex A73 cores paired with two 2.0GHz Cortex A53 cores with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU for gaming. You have an option of extendable storage with 32GB internal.
Nokia 5.1 Plus Camera:
The phone supports dual camera functions. The main camera is 13 mega-pixel f/2.0 and five mega-pixels depth sensor. The selfie camera is eight mega-pixel f/2.2 inside the notch.
The phone runs Android Oreo 8.1 out of the box with the promise by HMD that phone will receive Android P in future. The phone has no bloatware and gives you pure Android experience due to fall under the Android One program.
The phone has 3,060mAh battery, which is enough for a regular one day use. The fingerprint sensor is at the back. The 3.5mm headphone jack is on top.
Nokia 5.1 Plus full Specifications:
- Display Type: 5.86″ IPS LCD
- SIM: Dual Sim
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 (287 pixels per inch) 19:9 ratio
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo – Android One
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6771 Helio P60
- Clock Speed: Octa-Core (2.0 GHz x 4 Cortex-A73 and 2.0 GHz x 4 Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- Card Slot: microSD dedicated slot – Up to 256 GB
- Camera: Dual 13 Mega-Pixels, f/2.0 – 5 Mega-Pixels Depth sensor, LED Flash, Panorama, 1080p at 30 frames per second
- Front Camera: 8 Mega-Pixels, f/2.2
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Version 4.2
- Radio: FM Radio
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (Rear), accelerometer, proximity, gyro
- Battery: Li-Ion non-removable 3,060 mAh battery
- Colors: White, Black, Sea Blue
We’ll see how this device holds against its competitors!