Huawei is taking mid-range smartphone business serious and looks like they’re not stopping anytime soon. After Realme 2 Pro launch by Oppo, the Huawei’s Consumer Business Group announced today that they’re releasing Huawei Y9 2019 soon. The device is supposed to be in the market around mid of October.
The Y series of Huawei is focussed on young generation by introducing different stylish colors with the best hardware at price. Hardcore gamers are going to love this phone as its exquisite visuals enhance the gaming experience.
Y9 (2019) Display:
The Huawei Y9 (2019) has a large 6.5-inch 3D curved design and Full View display with 1080 x 2430 (396 pixels per inch) notch display.
Y9 (2019) Processor:
The phone has a powerful Kirin 710 chip that offers AI capabilities a level above. This processor is the direct competitor of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660. Kirin 710 is a 12nm chipset whereas Snapdragon 660 is 14nm.
Y9 (2019) Memory:
The phone has 4GB and 6GB of RAM. Internal memory is expected to be 64GB and 128GB. You have the option to add card slot up to 25GB to further increase your storage. All that with 4000 mAh battery.
Y9 (2019) Fingerprint:
Huawei Y9 (2019) also brings the latest Fingerprint 4.0 identification technology. This allows users to unlock their device at a blazing speed of 0.3 seconds. The fingerprint technology also includes fingerprint navigation, which helps users manage all the notifications with one key by swiping their finger to the fingerprint reader.
Y9 (2019) Camera:
A phone has a dual camera 16 megapixels and 2 megapixels on the back and 13 megapixels and 2 megapixels on the front for selfies. In both ways, the addition of 2 megapixels shooter means that you can get depth data for portrait mode shots. Both cameras are integrated with AI photography technology. The camera technology allows you to take pictures in a professional level to match the young generation’s taste and lifestyle.
The Huawei Y9 (2019) will be with Android Oreo 8.1 with Huawei’s own EMUI 8.2 skin.
Y9 (2019) Complete Specs:
- Display Type: 6.5 inch IPS LCD – Notch Screen – 82.8% screen to body ratio
- Dimensions: 162.4 x 77.1 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 173 g, equivalent to 6.10 oz
- SIM: Dual Sim (Nano-SIM, Dual Stand-by)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 (396 pixels per inch) 19:5:9 ratio
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (EMUI 8.2)
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 710
- Clock Speed: Octa-Core 4 x 2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 and 4 x 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB
- Card Slot: microSD Slot Up to 256 GB
- Camera: Dual Camera 20 Mega-Pixels – 2 Mega-Pixel, LED Flash, Panorama, 1080p at 30 frames per second
- Front Camera: 16 Mega-Pixels, PDAF, 2 Mega-Pixels Depth Sensor
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Version 5.0
- Radio: FM Radio supported
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear) accelerometer, gyro, compass, proximity, GPS
- USB: micro USB 2.0
- Battery: Li-Ion non-removable 4,000 mAh battery
- Colors: Black, Pink, Blue Purple
Let us know what you think of this budget phone from Huawei!