Xiaomi’s Redmi and Redmi Note series are very popular in every market, especially in Asia. Each release usually involves multiple device varients targeted to specific market considering different price points. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro has now been officially announced in Thailand. Note 6 Pro is the successor of Note 5 (Note 5 Pro in some markets). It is equipped with some key upgrades.
The phone is not launched in Thailand’s market but could be seen on the country’s official Mi forum. Note 6 Pro is already available in Dubai but surprisingly there has been no official announcement from MI yet.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro:
At the front, the phone has a 6.26-inch display with a 19:9 aspect ratio and a notch. The phone has Corning Gorilla Glass protection, however, Xiaomi didn’t specify the version. We could only hope that it’s Corning Glass 5 like in other flagship devices these days. The phone has a metal frame with plastic panels on top and bottom just like Note 4. This is because of the better wireless connectivity.
Xiaomi is going to market this device as their first phone with 4 AI cameras. They might call it “AI dynamic bokeh” or “AI portrait 2.0”. They’ve also upgraded the rear camera sensor with a bigger display. Sadly, the phone still has Qualcomm Snapdragon 636. It’s the same processor you’ll find in its predecessor Note 5. SD 636 is a 14nm octa-core SoC with an Adreno 509 GPU. The phone has 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of inbuilt storage. The battery is the same 4,000mAh capacity.
Here’s the real catch, The rear dual camera uses 12-megapixels as the main shooter with 5-megapixel as a depth sensor. It might sound similar to Redmi Note 5 Pro but Xiaomi added a larger pixel (1.4µm vs. 1.25µm). That’s not all, a brighter aperture (f/1.9 vs. f/2.2) and Dual Pixel AF makes sure that you get the best photos out of it.
They also changed the selfie camera. You now have a 20-megapixel main sensor (4 in 1 pixel binning) supported by a 2-megapixels depth sensor.
If you want to purchase a budget phone and are confused between Xiaomi Note 5 Pro and Note 6 Pro. Here’s a comparison to help you make up your mind.
Redmi Note 5 Pro
- 5.99″ FHD + display
- 18:9 aspect ratio
- 13 MP front camera
- 12 + 5MP rear camera
Redmi Note 6 Pro
- 6.26″ FHD + Full-screen display
- 19:9 aspect ratio
- 20 + 2MP Dual AI Camera with AI Portrait 2.0
- 12 + 5MP rear camera with AI Scene Recognition
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro comes in three different colors. Black, Blue, and Rose Gold. It is still not confirmed whether Xiaomi is going to introduce this device to other markets or not. In Thailand, the price of this device is THB 6,990. This equals to USD 215 which is very competitive by looking at the specs of the device and camera features.
You could pre-order Redmi Note 6 Pro in Thailand and win a free Mi Band 2.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro – Full Specifications:
- Display Type: 6.26 inch IPS Capacitive LCD – Notch Screen with 81.1% screen to body ratio.
- Size: 157.9 x 76.4 x 8.2 mm (6.22 x 3.01 x 0.32 inch)
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 – 19:9 aspect ratio – (403 pixels per inch)
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (Skin: MIUI 10)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- Clock Speed: Octa-Core 1.8 GHz – Kyro 260
- GPU: Adreno 509
- RAM: 3/4/6 GB
- Internal Storage: 32/64 GB
- Card Slot: microSD dedicated slot – Up to 256 GB
- Camera: Dual Camera 12 Mega-Pixels, f/1.9, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm – 5 Mega-Pixels, f/2.0
- Front Camera: 20 Mega-Pixels, f/2.0 – 2 Mega-Pixels depth sensor
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Version 5.0
- Radio: Not Supported
- USB: micro USB 2.0
- Battery: Li-Ion non-removable 4,000 mAh battery
- Colors: Black, Blue, Rose Gold
Let us know if you think Note 6 Pro is worth buying.