Ever since Razer’s first phone launched, we experienced a wave of gaming smartphones.
Razer launched Razer 2 just yesterday.
The phone has an amazing RGB backlit logo, IP67, and wireless charging.
All this with Snapdragon 845 chipset with a better cooling system. Let’s discuss the features, one at a time!
Razer 2 Display:
Razer 2 has a screen of 5.7” IGZO LCD panel with QHD (1,440 x 2,560 resolution) resolution. The company believes that the aspect ratio of 16:9 is best for multimedia and gaming. The screen brightness is now 50% brighter than before with a maximum of around 580 nits. Razer confirmed that the new LCD screen is better at preserving detail in dark scenes.
The refresh rate of Razer 2 same as the Razer of up to 120Hz which eliminates stuttering and tearing. The phone supports HDR and DCI-P3 wide color for better visuals in both games and videos.
Razer 2 Internal Specs:
As expected and informed earlier Razer 2 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 which is a 10nm processor. The phone has a new vapor chamber cooling system. Being a gaming device, avoiding thermal throttling has always been a goal for the company. The 8GB of internal RAM is satisfactory with 64GB of UFS storage. You could increase the memory through microSD card.
The phone is capable of delivering 20% to 30% more performance than its previous model.
Razer 2 Camera:
Razer highly improved their camera quality this time. Using the dual camera on the back with image sensors from Sony did the job well. The main lens is 12 megapixels with Dual Pixel AF, OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) with f/1.75. The second lens is 12 megapixels 2x telephoto lens with f/2.6 for depth effects.
You could now record 2160p video at 60 fps (Frames Per Second) and 1080p at 120 fps slow-motion. No change in the selfie camera and you get the same 8 mega-pixels fixed-focus shooter. It does support 1080p at 60 fps video capture.
Razer 2 Multimedia:
Now you could enjoy Razer 2 for multimedia purpose because Razer Phone 2 brings the powerful front-firing stereo speakers. They’re Dolby Atmos-certified with a dedicated amplifier to get crisper, louder sound with water protection.
You won’t get a headphone jack however, the company did add USB-Type C dongle (24-bit DAC) in the box.
Razer 2 – Other Features:
The phone has 4,000mAh battery enough to hold a day or two depends on your usage. Game Booster is a built-in app which allows for tweaking performance for games. Razer Cortex allows you to find good games from the PlayStore. Due to being a stock version of Android 8.1 you wouldn’t feel any lag in the performance.
The phone is protected with IP 67 water resistance and due to having a glass back, the phone can now support wireless charging.
Razer Logo Chroma is another new aesthetic touch. The phone app lets you choose the color of your choice which you want to glow on the back. The company’s wireless charging stand will also light up and automatically change color to match your device settings while in use.
Most people might say it’s a gimmick but it actually looks pretty cool. You could disable this effect if you wish not to drain your battery.
The Phone will cost you around $800 at launch. You could also get a variety of accessories. The Razer Wireless Charger is $100. A Leather and Kevlar Case costs $40 and $50. A tempered glass screen protector is for $20.
Razer Phone 2 – Full Specifications:
- Display Type: 5.72-inch IPZO IPS LCD – 72% screen to body ratio, Gorilla Glass 5, IP67
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 79 x 8.5mm
- Weight: Not confirmed yet!
- SIM: Nano Sim
- Resolution: 1440 x 2560 (513 pixels per inch) 16:9 ratio
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (10nm)
- Clock Speed: Octa-Core 4 x 2.8 GHz Kyro 385 Gold and 4 x 1.7 GHz Kyro 385 Silver
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- Others: No 3.5mm jack, 24-bit /192 kHz audio, Active noise cancellation, dedicated mic, Dolby Atmos Stereo Speakers, Gorilla Glass 5 Oleophobic Coating, Wide Color Gamut 120 Hz and 580 nits approx
- Card Slot: Yes, Up to 512 GB dedicated slot
- Camera: Dual 12 Mega-Pixels, f/1.8, 25mm wide, 12 Mega-Pixels f/2.6, 2x Optical Zoom, OIS, Dual LED Flash, Dual Pixel PDAF, Panorama,
- Front Camera: 8 Mega-Pixels, f/2.0, 1080p at 30 Frames Per Second, Auto HDR
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, dual-band
- Bluetooth: Version 5.0, A2DP, LE
- Radio: No
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side mounted) accelerometer, gyro, compass, proximity, GPS
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Battery: Li-Ion non-removable 4,000 mAh battery, Qi Wireless charging
- Colors: Black
So, are you getting Razer 2?