Publication Principles of TechEngage
TechEngage aims to provide the current and reliable news and commentary and is committed to ethical publishing.
We expect our authors to abide by the following best practices:
- All information submitted to TechEngage should be the original work of its author and not copied from any other source. Information gleaned from other sources should be cited with a link, at a minimum so that readers can find the original source. (Likewise, we expect authors from other sites to link to our original content when they use it in their work.)
- TechEngage does not accept payment for endorsements. While some of our authors may accept travel, accommodation, comped conference registration, or products, that does not guarantee favorable coverage in any way.
- In cases where an author does accept a gift, they are required to state that in their article in order to assure maximum transparency.
- Responsibility for the content of articles belongs to the authors. If a reader or the subject of an article has a concern about the content of an article, they should contact the author and also get in touch with the management at email@example.com so any issues can be addressed immediately.
- It is our expectation that guest authors who pitch stories to TechEngage have not pitched their stories to other venues at the same time. If you have pitched an article to us, please give us 48 hours to respond.
- The author must disclose Business, personal, and professional ties to the subject of an article.
- Authors bear primary responsibility for fact-checking their stories.
Authors found to be in violation of our publication rules will have their pieces removed from the site.
All images and original information and commentary are the property of TechEngage and should not be distributed without permission. If you would like to reprint an article or use an image, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TechEngage reserves the right to remove any content/links or citations from its site that is found to be in violation of its rules or if an author is later found to be in violation of basic standards of journalistic integrity or common decency.
Comments: Currently, our website welcomes comments from readers as long as they adhere to the principles of common decency. Comments that contain ad hominem attacks, racist, sexist, ableist, or other hate speech will be removed. Comments that contain threats or other troublesome content will be reported to the appropriate authorities. Comments posted for the sole purpose of advertisement will be removed. We reserve the right to block commenters who do not abide by our rules. Read our full comments policy.
These publication principles should be seen as a living document and may change as our website evolves.0