We post different forms of content on social media. Whether it’s an article, a picture, or a meme we anticipate likes on our posts. Many of us get disheartened by not getting enough likes and shares. Not every post gets many likes.
Do you know the reason behind it? The reason is that different people are available on social media at different times and on different days.
Depending on your business, social media plays an essential role in the digital market and is one of the greatest ways to strengthen and represent your brand. Many viewers get to know who you are and what you do through your social media presence. Companies work really hard to increase the engagement which they work out by looking for the time that is best for the maximum number of engagements. Understand that social media does not work on its own and is linked to other pages.
To end this struggle, we are here to tell you what is the best and worst time to post on social media.
You obviously are familiar and might have one of these social media channels:
- Google +
Each of these channels has different times on which viewers or readers are available.
Note: The time zone we are following is the Central Time zone (CT)
Facebook has 1.4 billion active users and about 93% of businesses are using this platform on regular basis. People use Facebook to see posts shared by family members and friends rather than pages from the company. Users still ‘like’ pages and it is one of the most loved social media sites. It is still a guessing game what time users are available on Facebook as it is actually quite hard to find a perfect time when the maximum number of users are online.
- The time when a good number of users are available is from 12 pm to 3 pm on Wednesdays during lunch hours.
- The worst time to post are around 10 pm to 4 am.
- Most users are active on weekdays especially Thursdays.
- Users are least active on weekends.
Twitter has 336 million active users and tweets are posted about 350,000 per minute. Marketers need to be careful on how to reach these users at the right time for this social media platform. Twitter is considered as being one of the busiest social networks as millions of tweets are posted every day. People look at the updates during commuting or lunch hours.
Here are the basic statistics for Twitter:
- The best time to post on Twitter is from 12-3pm and from 5-6pm for retweets.
- The best day to post is Friday.
- The worst time to post is Sunday mornings.
- The worst time to post is from 8 pm to 8 am.
Instagram is an image sharing and posting social media platform. About 70% of American companies are using it at the moment. Since this channel is also used on a mobile device, about 80% of users follow business pages. A study by Sprout Social 2017 index stated that Generation Y or Z (people born between 1995 – 2010) prefer to buy products they have followed on Instagram.
Like other social media platforms, Instagram also has certain timings during which users are most active and so are the days:
- The best time to post images is 3-4pm.
- The best days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- The worst time to post images and videos are from 6 pm onwards.
- The worst day to post visual content is on Sundays.
- The best time to post videos are 9 pm – 8 am on any day.
LinkedIn is a social media channel which is generally used as a job portal. This site mostly has updates about career opportunities, information about industries, helpful tips for accessing career openings and company ranks. Since it is the least popular channel, users are only active once a week.
So if you want to post your content on this channel here are the best and worst timings available:
- The best time to post on LinkedIn is from 7:30 am – 8:30 am and from 5-6pm including lunch hour at noon.
- The best days are from Tuesdays to Thursdays.
- The worst time to post is from 9 am- 5 pm.
- The least active days for posting on LinkedIn are from Mondays to Fridays.
Pinterest is an image sharing or ‘pinned’ social media which is all about pinning images and other sorts of content. It is a female dominant website having 80.5% female users and 19.5% males in 2018. The age bracket of the users is 30- 49. There are over 250 million active users and they hold about 175 billion pins per day.
Here is the best and worst time for Pinterest:
- The best time to post on Pinterest is from 8-11pm and 3 pm.
- The best days are Saturdays and Fridays.
- The worst times to update are around 1-7am and 5-7pm.
The last but not the least is Google+ which is a social media channel for updating products and services. Since it is operated by Google, the number of monthly active users are 2.2 billion in 2016 as per surveyed by Google Plus User Statistics. 440 million people are monthly active users. In the same year, the social networking site consists of 73.3% males and 26% females by the same user statistics. This also shows that Google+ consist of male users.
The certain time they are available are mentioned below:
- The best time to post is from 9-11am and during lunch hours which are from 12-1pm.
- The best days to post are Wednesdays.
- The worst time to post on this platform is before 9 am.
After all, there are some similarities between these five social media channels. The main similarity is all of these social media platforms are accessible on all kind of devices such as tablets, smartphones, monitors, and laptops. Another similarity is that users are active during lunch hours and while commuting.
All in all social media is a never-ending revolution as active users are always surrounded by different types of posts for better engagement. So make sure you are posting your content at the right time from now on!
Was the article helpful? Do let us know what you think in the comments section below!