You are playing a video on your laptop, and suddenly you want to watch it on a large screen. A Chromecast will help you in casting the video that you are playing on to the big screen. Get a Chromecast and set it up with your TV. The setup is pretty simple, and you can easily cast a video from VLC Media player to your Chromecast.
You need the following things to cast a video to Chromecast that’s playing on VLC Media player:
- A Chromecast plugged into your TV
- VLC Media Player installed on your Windows computer
- Both connected to the same Wi-Fi network
How to cast a video to Chromecast
Follow the steps below to stream video from VLC to a Chromecast device:
- Play a video in the VLC Media player.
- Navigate to the menu and click Playback.
- Select Renderer from the drop-down list.
- Choose your Chromecast device from the list (mine is Bat-TV).
- Now you can stream your video on your TV from the VLC Media player
- After selecting the Chromecast device, you’ll be able to watch your video on the big TV. You can play any video and stream it on your TV using Chromecast with this method.
If you have any question, you can ask it in the comments below.