Electronic Aspirin is a new advancement in the medical technology that is designed to help the patients in relieving their pain such as a migraine, tension headache, and cluster headache and other head and facial pain.
Components of Electronic Aspirin
- The fixation plate is anchored near the maxilla.
- Starts at the sphenopalatine ganglion, this area accepts the signals from the remote and conveys it to the tail electrodes.
- It comprises of 6 electrodes that extend from the neurotransmitter to the sphenopalatine ganglion.
How does Electronic Aspirin work?
The implant is placed in the upper gum, near the pain area. The implant has pointed end, which connects with the bundle of nerves fibers originating from sphenopalatine ganglion. When the patient feels pain, he/she presses the remote on the cheeks placed near to the implanted device. When the patient presses the remote, it sends electrical signals to the nerve stimulating it. Hence, blocking the nerve.
How to apply Electronic Aspirin?
- General anesthesia is given to the person.
- SPG is embedded near the nostra that permit the device to touch the nerve.
- Once it is settled in the person, it locates the remote on their cheek. This enables and empowers the SPG to start functioning.
- The signals will be conveyed and transmitted into the SPG and it will start jamming and blocking the pain.
Advantages of Electronic Aspirin
- Electronic Aspirin is easily removable.
- Once inserted, Electronic Aspirin can be used for a lifetime.
- Electronic Aspirin reduces symptoms without harmful drugs.
- It might bring sufferers of a cluster headache, migraines and chronic headache and the relief they need.
Disadvantages of Electronic Aspirin
- Electronic Aspirin may be expensive.
- It is breakable.
- If Electronic Aspirin has any defect in it then it can cause serious risk to the patient.
- Electronic Aspirin must undergo surgical implant of the device.
Electronic Aspirin’s role in the advanced world
Many people all over the world are suffering from a migraine and chronic headache. This is one of the most common and frequently encountered issues in the world. A migraine deeply affects the life cycle of a person. As it prevents a person from doing activities and carrying out certain activities. It further makes the pain more severe. Hence, the objective and aim of Electronic Aspirin are to help and improve the lives of the patients.
A clinical trial was conducted in which the success of Electronic Aspirin was proved. The people suffering from a migraine and other cluster headache were given Electronic Aspirin. Among them, 68% of the people have given a positive response and reported improvement in their condition. The average of a weekly headache lessens and diminishes by 31%. From that patient, 75 % have reported improvement and advancement in their lifestyle.
Also read: NO to Needles!
Some of the patients report that they receive instant comfort and relief from using Electronic Aspirin. The study is still under examination and exploration and despite Electronic Aspirin’spromising results, the device is yet to be tested for its success and effectiveness.
Inspired by: LinkedIn Pulse